Buxus balls are a classic and elegant addition to any garden or outdoor space, and their formal appearance makes them a popular choice for topiary gardens and hedges. The dense, dark green foliage of the Buxus sempervirens plant is perfect for shaping into round, ball-like forms, which can range in size from small to large.
In addition to their beauty, Buxus balls are also relatively easy to care for. They prefer well-drained soil and full to partial sun exposure. Buxus balls are also relatively drought-tolerant and only need occasional watering.
However, it's important to keep an eye out for pests and diseases that can affect Buxus plants, such as leaf spot and boxwood blight. Regular pruning can help keep the plants healthy and prevent the spread of diseases.
Overall, Buxus balls are a versatile and attractive addition to any garden or landscape. Whether you're looking for a classic and formal appearance or a more contemporary and unique design, Buxus balls can be shaped to suit your style and preferences.
- Soil: Buxus balls prefer well-draining soil with a pH level between 6.5 to 7.2. Amend the soil with organic matter like compost or well-rotted manure to improve soil structure and drainage.
- Watering: Buxus balls should be watered deeply but infrequently. Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels dry to the touch. Overwatering can lead to root rot, while underwatering can cause the leaves to turn yellow and fall off.
- Fertilizer: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in spring to promote healthy growth. Do not over-fertilize, as this can lead to burning of the foliage.
- Pruning: Buxus balls need regular pruning to maintain their shape and size. Prune the plant in late spring or early summer using sharp, clean shears. Avoid pruning in fall or winter, as this can encourage new growth that is vulnerable to frost damage.
- Pest and disease control: Keep an eye out for pests like boxwood psyllids and leafminer, which can damage the foliage. Apply an insecticide or use organic pest control methods to prevent infestations. Watch for signs of diseases like boxwood blight, which can cause the foliage to turn brown and fall off. Prune infected branches and dispose of them in the trash to prevent the spread of the disease.
- Article number23931
- Plant Pot SizeC25
- Plant Height (from floor)83cm
- Buxus Ball Size (cm)60+
- Delivery takes place within 7 days.
- Our delivery team will be in touch to arrange a convenient delivery date to suit yourself.
Delivery costs (where applicable) are applied per order, not per item.
For more information on our deliveries, collections and returns please click here .
You can buy the Buxus se Ball - C25 - 60cm online in our webshop or visit our in Wolverhampton, near Walsall, Birmingham, Dudley and Stafford, to buy the Buxus se Ball - C25 - 60cm or other Topiary products. Our garden centre is conveniently located, has free parking and is easy to visit from places like Walsall, Birmingham, Dudley and Stafford. Feel free to visit us to buy Topiary products.