The formula contains a fine grade Vermiculite, a naturally occurring substance that aids in drainage and aeration as well as plant extracts that stimulate young seeds and cuttings to produce strong, healthy seedlings and growth.
- Improves germination by 25% for the best start*
- Super fine grade
- Improved aeration & drainage
- Seaweed & nutrients for healthy growth
- *When trialled with standard seed & cutting compost and standard seed
- View our complete Gro-Sure Propagation range
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you’re all set.
- Place compost in a tray or pot and fill to just below the rim
- Tap down the compost with a board or level tool to give a flat even surface
- Water the compost thoroughly and allow to drain. Sow the seeds evenly over the whole surface
- Cover the seeds evenly with a thin layer of compost and water using a watering can with a fine rose
- Ensure the compost is kept moist by covering the seeds with a thin layer of polythene or a sheet of glass until the seeds have germinated
- Keep seeds out of direct sunlight
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost contains sufficient nutrients for the seedlings to grow until they are ready for pricking out. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
When the seedlings are large enough to handle, remove them from the seed tray with a dibber or pencil and place into pots or trays of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost.
- Take the cutting by making a sloping cut, with a sharp knife, in the stem and removing all of the bottom leaves
- To encourage rooting, dip the end of the cutting into a hormone rooting powder
- Fill pot/tray with compost and water well
- Making a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place the cutting into the hole and gently firm the compost around it, ensuring good contact of the compost with the submerged cutting
- Water thoroughly
Do not place cuttings too close together. Place polythene or glass over the pot/tray to reduce moisture loss, ensuring the leaves do not touch. Place in a warm environment, out of direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken.
Keep compost moist, never allow to dry out. Water using a watering can with a fine rose.
- Article number19637
- Compost Size (L)20
- Delivery takes place within 7 days.
- Our delivery team will be in touch to arrange a convenient delivery date to suit yourself.
Delivery costs (where applicable) are applied per order, not per item.
For more information on our deliveries, collections and returns please click here .
You can buy the Westland Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost Bale 20L online in our webshop or visit our in Wolverhampton, near Walsall, Birmingham, Dudley and Stafford, to buy the Westland Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost Bale 20L or other Compost products. Our garden centre is conveniently located, has free parking and is easy to visit from places like Walsall, Birmingham, Dudley and Stafford. Feel free to visit us to buy Compost products.